Thanks much for following my cards! It's such a delight to have you!

Friday, September 7, 2012

Lily

Hi there!
Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude new challenge time again!  Woohoo!!!  Such a fun challenge site with the best sponsors ever!  This fortnight our sponsors are Beccy's Place and Fresh Brewed Designs.  Both sponsors are fantastic and generous!  Come join us!  Our theme is Anything Goes/Buttons and Bows.  And we have Top 3 wins too!  Stop by and see what my teamies have created to inspire you.  And join us- we love seeing what you make and you just might be a winner!

My image is by Beccky's.  Her name is Lily of the Valley and is part of Beccy's birth month faeries.  Lily is for the month of May. But I think I read the flower has something to do with remembering loved ones too, so it is a good pick for this month!  Gosh, these month are whizzing by!

 (Please forgive the picture quality.  I just could not get good pics this week after taking at least 50!)

Lily is colored with Prisma pencils surrounded by extra Lily flowers, some jeweled butterflies, cloth covered brads and bow, and a special heart, placed on dragonfly DP.  That's it!

OHHHHH, remember way back when I wrote you that I thought I was alergic to the glitter?  Well, it wasn't the glitter stabbing me with little pins!  It was chiggers!  Those little buggers are being blown about by the wind because of this drought we have been in.  Found them walking about on the white paper as I was coloring outside.  All of a sudden I started feeling little pins stabbing, saw the teeny critters and it clicked!  Now if I color outside I put on bug spray!  LOL!

Here is a close view of Lily:
   And the butterfly:

Well, until next time, I hope you don't get any chiggers!

Manderly
xxxooo

3 comments:

  1. Manderly this is so beautifully designed and the colours and embellishments work so well together. Lots of eye candy. Wishing you a fab Friday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! This is fantastic! I still think you should come teach me how you color! I would love to learn your techniques! :)
    Hugs from your friendm,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo pretty Manderly, love the sparkle and shine, and such a cute fairy.Look at all that cutting out of the lily of the valley, so much work involved in this beauty.Gorgeous...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate that you take the time to tell me you like something I've created...or not like! You help keep me inspired. Every comment has a face and is precious to me. Thank you so very much!