Thanks much for following my cards! It's such a delight to have you!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Gnomie did it!

If you will please read the post just below this one, you'll find out why I am showing an image from Robyn's Fetish, the sponsor of our sister challenge, Fat Pages and Cards with AttitudeThe sponsor of ATC's this fortnight are Sassy Studios and Smeared Ink.  Both have such fantastic images!  Wow, 2 sponsors again and an Anything Goes theme.  Just love this challenge blog and love seeing the creations you make.  Without further ado, I'll get right down to business then tell you about the Copperheads!  Here is Gnomie Did It by Robyn's Fetish:

 Birthday card for ummm, oh yes, our son, Joey!

    
Everything is colored with Prisma pencils and OMS.  The background is from Free Coloring Pages.  I just love Gnomie sitting on that robin.   We have so many robins in our yard.  Twisting there little heads as they listen for worms!  After coloring Gnomie, his feet and bottom were adhered then his upper body pop-dotted.  Framed with black card stock.  This was such a great image to work with and the way he is drawn, you could have him sitting on anything you can think of!

A quick note about the Copperheads-- last Sunday, I was bringing things in the garage where my craft stations is, garage door closed.  As I started to go through the door that goes into the house, our dog Ulee started a funny bark that caught my attention.  He barked, went around the other side of the car, and barked some more.  I didn't see anything.  As I started back outside, I glanced down and caught a glimpse of a snake head, not 3 feet from me!  I yelled "LARRY! There is a Copperhead in the garage!"  Took care of that one.  Ulee was the hero of the day.  Two days later, I am at my garage workstation.  I wake very early most days.  I heard a noise, looked but didn't see anything.  Then the dog food dish made a rustle, I looked again and lo and behold, another Copperhead! Again, not a yard stick away!  I scooted around him, off to wake Larry at 1:30 AM to get rid of another snake!  Poor guy.  Larry I mean.  Waking him from a sound sleep!  I look real well now when I step out into the garage from the house, that's for sure!  

Now that you've heard my Copperhead story and viewed the image that really belongs on our other challenge, I'll sign off!  Two things I've written you lately- stomp your feet and look for bright spots.  Won't make sense unless you've read earlier posts.  Well, I wish you both, especially to have bright spots in your day.  Bye bye for now!

Manderly
xxxooo 

I am entering the following challenges:
The Squirrel and the Fox- Celebrate the Occasion 
Just Some Lines- Fall Celebration!

9 comments:

  1. Manderly I just love this. So beautifully designed and all the elements work so well together. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Manderly, you know, I had that colouring page and used it many moons ago, so long ago I made cards with just these images, never thinking to add somethings as cute as this Gnome, he is fabulous..brilliant colouring, and cute to boot!!

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maderly, I see that you added GDT after your name at Craft a Scene. I would like to send you some information but I can not find your email address. On the Challenge blog is an email address, if you could use that to send my yours then I will send along the info. Thanks, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just been checking out all your latest cards - they're brilliant! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Admiring the persistence you put into your site and in depth information you provide. It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed information. Wonderful read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.
    Welcome to my site [url=http://www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com/]www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com[/url].

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I love how you have him sat on the bird
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh heckey! I love this too! I am supposed to be playing catchup, after a really busy weekend, and getting distracted! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful. Love the scene you've created and so beautifully coloured too. Thanks for playing at Just Some Lines and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate that you take the time to tell me you like something I've created...or not like! You help keep me inspired. Every comment has a face and is precious to me. Thank you so very much!