Thanks much for following my cards! It's such a delight to have you!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mushy House

Here is Mushy House!  This cutie of an image is from Anita's Digital Designs, one of our ATC's and Cards with Attitude sponsors (our other sponsor is Saturated Canary!).


For this challenge, I made a true ATC.  Remember they measure 2.5x3.5, but you can do anything you would like- a card, an ATC, or a card ATC!  And you don't even have to use our sponsor images, but it would be nice of you.  Last weeks winner of digis from Fresh Brewed Designs is #46, Rina Fashionista.  Congrats, Rina!

I colored this Mushy House up on vellum with Prisma Pencils and OMS, showing the penciled side of the vellum.  Then I added a little Fisher's punch top border and 3 handmade roses made out of DP.  On the rose, I stuck wire up through the middle and added a little "cone" at the tip (you know that single piece that is left over from making roses.)  I added some clouds by using a template and masking and sponging them in with chalk ink. Then I colored in the  rest of the background, and foreground, finishing off with white gel pen dots for flowers.  There are some pink pencil flowers mixed in there too.  Topped off the roses with a butterfly decorated with tiny pearls.  (Very special butterfly sent to me by a very special friend!) That's all I did!  With this image being so adorable, it makes a very nice focal point without much fuss.  Do you agree?  You could take the ATC from here and make it into a card, adding some scallop edging and ribbon?  Another backing of vellum on some cool DP?  It would turn out great!

Mushy House is my Design Team entry for Challenge 14, ATC's Cards with Attitude, Anything Goes!  Please read on as we have exciting and important news for you!

Important ATC's and Cards with Attitude News

Challenge 14 will last for one week only, ending May 31st.  Beginning with Challenge 15, Friday, June 1st, we will be back to our every fortnight (every 2 weeks).

TOP 3!  TOP 3!  TOP 3!    Yes, we are starting Top 3 winners picked by the Design Team!  Isn't that the greatest?  So this next challenge will have Top 3 winners plus the digi winners!  

This is the best challenge site ever!  Top 3's and fantastic sponsors with multiple chances to win wonderful digis!  And on top of it all, you can enter your same card in our sister challenge, Fat Pages Card's with Attitude!  Now look at all the chances you have to win!  Very often we have 2-3 sponsors per challenge, so you have even more chances! I think that ATC's and Fat Pages is going to become one of your favorite challenge sites ever!  

We have badges now too!  You can grab a Cards with Attitude badge showing how much you like us, and if a Top 3, you will receive a special Top 3 badge showing you make Cards with Attitude!!  Very exciting things going on at our two challenge sites.  Please come join us, be a part of our growing challenge blog and have some fun!  

Info overload, I'm afraid, so will sign off for now.

Bright spot wishes to you!  I hope your Memorial Day includes fond memories.  I have one on Monday, so please think of me.  It would be very special if I knew you were.  You are all such wonderful people and I am very happy to have gotten to know some of you.  Thank you so much to my new followers!  Let's enjoy ourselves together!
Manderly
xxxooo

 


 

 

 

 

Read on for some great news!

 

  A true ATC made with a digital image from our sponsor Anita's Digital Designs

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Miss Manderly....the colours are so pretty, love the white on the flowers in the garden,so striking..and the rose on top,beautiful...all this gorgeousness on such a tiny card...well done.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee! Such amazing colouring Manderly - this is just so absolutely fantastic!!! Such a gorgeous flower too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Manderly, this house is so cute!! You did an awesome job, as always!

    Hugs,

    Sherry-GL teamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have finally decided what this card makes me think of. I have an oil paining in my house that my husband's grandma painted (she was an artist of the highest caliber...) This reminds me of that! The flowers, the clouds, the mountain scape, Just lovely! I need to try one of these ATCs... You are truly an inspiration!
    Hugs from your friend and DT Sister,
    Karen C
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate that you take the time to tell me you like something I've created...or not like! You help keep me inspired. Every comment has a face and is precious to me. Thank you so very much!