Thanks much for following my cards! It's such a delight to have you!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bluejeans and Ice Cream Birthday!

Hello all!
I hope this finds you doing well today.  I really don't care to open a post by saying, "I hope you are doing well," but I can't think of another way to start politely.  Some of us aren't doing well.  So for you, I hope things take a turn for the better and that you see some tiny little bright spots in your day.  Even if only teeny-weeny bright spots, so you will know there is hope.  And what a good way to brighten our day but to make something with our own hands!  Use our imaginations! Borrow some imagination from others if you have none, as my Daddy use to say!  I'm sure they won't mind!  

On to the post...sort of like On to the Races!  Oh dear, I better stop while still ahead and just post my card!  Here she is, Bluejeans and Ice Cream:


Bluejeans was made for my sister-in-law in sunny (not lately) California.  Her favorite ice cream is Cookies & Creme, thus the ice cream color.  She also has black hair.  Of course my hubby wanted black hair on the Birthday Girl's card, to match his sister.  I was thinking inside my head, OH NO!  NOT BLACK HAIR!  While sweetly asking him, "Are you sure"?  So there you go, my first attempt at black hair.  I hope it has a little life to it.  It sort of looks like it came out of a box of hair coloring!  The only thing about this card that is different is that I used a win from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and she was holding a box of Kleenex.  I covered the Kleenex with a leaf spray and bouquet of flowers, attaching beads to the centers.  Bluejeans is colored with Prisma pencils.  The paisley paper is from The Paper Studio, the other two are from Stampin' Up.  The lace and brads were a gift.  I took the layout  from Sketches By Carly.  

Off to get this ready to post-- in the mail, I mean, as it is late already!  Ugh!  Don't like it when I send out late birthday cards.  Hopefully, by being late, she will know how special she is that we would still think of her and her birthday even a week... or two, later!  See you all in a few days!

Manderly

20 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card Manderly, lots of lovely detail and colour.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manderly this is so CUTE! Your Sis In Law is gonna love it!!!!
    Hope your having a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Manderly :)
    Your cookies and cream ice cream card for the SIL is excellent. The black hair isn't black, to me, I see various shades of color in there; which is so accurate. A lovely job and how super that you exchanged out what your image was holding! I love changing things around and adding a little surprise. :)
    Beautiful card!
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Sketches by Carly
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!


    I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m number 70)

    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super so pleased I saw it on MIM xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is fabulous Manderly...fab colouring on her hair, can see highlights and lowlights...I have never attempted black hair.Love the papers and lace, and so clever blocking out the tissues...
    Fabulous card..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca this is gorgeous! I love her and your colouring is great - her black hair is gorgeous :D Hope things are getting better for you and I know you haven't had much time lately but sweetie you won some candy off me! :D woohoo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rebecca, I think your card is adorable and your SIL is sure to love it! Ah, black hair, the bane of my creative existence, but I think you did a nice job!

    So glad to have you playing here with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions. I hope we see more of your work in future challenges.

    Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator
    JDE

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute image! Love your layout! Thank you for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job coloring her hair! What a cute, cute, image and a wonderful card. Love the way you used the different DP too.
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping our Stash.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Manderly~

    You are funny...thanks for the smile. The black hair works, good job. And I love the creative cover up! Can't see the kleenex! :) Thanks for joining us this week for our Inks and Such challenge at Jackson's Digital Expressions!

    Kathi
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super girls card love the image and the colouring is perfect
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute image. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey there my DT Sister! Was all excited to see your name on Sketches By Carly! Had to come see what won! :) Congrats! this is super sweet!
    Hugs,
    Karen C
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card, I really like your layout and such great details! Thanks for playing along this week at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is so spunky and cute!

    Thank you for participating in this week's Twisted Tuesday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wonderful card! Great image and I love the heart brads!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash !

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate that you take the time to tell me you like something I've created...or not like! You help keep me inspired. Every comment has a face and is precious to me. Thank you so very much!