Thanks much for following my cards! It's such a delight to have you!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

ATC'S and FAT PAGES- CARDS WITH ATTITUDE!

Just what is an ATC and Fat Page?

ATC stands for Artist Trading Card.  They are miniature works of art that measure 3.5" X 2.5", about the size of a baseball card.  During the 1960's, ATC's became a popular way to advertize an artist's work by handing out these small "cards," with signature on the back.  They are made up of many different types of media, such as watercolors, oils, metal, collage, found objects, pencils,  and paper,  to name a few.  You can see why an ATC is perfect for card making!  

Fat Pages, also called Chunky Pages, measure 4" x 4", and can also be made up of any medium.  The fun thing about a Fat Page is the decorating.  In fact, the more elaborate the better!

Don't ATC's and Fat Pages sound fun?  Something a little different than our usual card making.  But read on!

About our challenge blogs.   
Basically, we are a card challenge blog but we've added an optional twist for you to try!  We have ATC's and Cards with Attitude, and our sister challenge, Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude.   So that means you can make your standard card (any size), an ATC, a Fat Page, an ATC card (using a 3.5 X 2.5 image), or a Fat Page card (4x4).  But wouldn't it be fun to make an ATC, sign the back, and display your work on a small easel for all to see? Or send a Fat Page as a gift?  The possibilities are endless!  

Our challenges are every fortnight, on Fridays.  Sometimes we will have a theme, but very often we are Anything Goes.  We have fantastic sponsors, so you will have a chance at winning great digital images.  So come on, make a CARD WITH ATTITUDE, and link up to our challenge blogs!    

Below is my example of an ATC Card.  The image is from our current ATC sponsor, Fresh Brewed Designs.  Does Flower Child bring back any memories for you?  Sure did me!  FBD has fantastic digis, really groovy.  I hope you check them out.  The only thing of note about this card is that I made the circle/flower scallops using circles cut from a small punch.  Flower Child is colored with Prisma Pencils and the paper is from my stash.  She was so fun to color.  I hope you like her!  Only thing is, I forgot to add a flower to her hair.


 
I'll sign off now and hope to see you around ATC's and Fat Pages.  Have a "far out" weekend! 

Manderly
xxxooo

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,love the fabulous image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Hippie,hippie,shake,shake...I do remember those days...fabulous
    image and great colouring, love the flowery ribbon and the background colours,only ever made one 4" x 4" card...the image took up the whole front of the card, and photographed it next to my glue stick..great card Manderly.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd not heard of Fat Pages before but actually love your explanation...might have to give this one a go!
    I've actually just made a set of 4"x4" cards....I wonder if they would qualify for the challenge?
    I WAS that Flower Child...with roses in my hair...haaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love all of your details on this one and that background is super cool! A huge congrats to you for joining the team at ATCs and Fat Pages! :D Lol do my cards count as fat pages? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Sissy......you've done it again!! I love the Hippy!! Ive been told so many times my style "ole hippy" so this card really brings back memories! Congrats on all the awards! As always, so VERY proud of you my "silly sissy"! Your one talented "chick" & I think your farout!! 143

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now this is super fun! Love the flowers and butterflies in the circles! Love how her pants are colored! Actually, love how all of her is colored! Wonderfully done!
    Hugs from your friend,
    Karen C
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate that you take the time to tell me you like something I've created...or not like! You help keep me inspired. Every comment has a face and is precious to me. Thank you so very much!