Thanks much for following my cards! It's such a delight to have you!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Willie Kisses Mia

Hi!  One of your A & T Emerald Faeries here with a new challenge!   This fortnight our theme is Flowers.  Isn't that a great theme?  Endless possibilities- you can make your own flowers, use bought flowers, cut out flowers, any flowers you want!  Now how fun is that?  AND, if you win, you get to pick images from our store!  Or you just might be a Top 3 Emerald Fairy yourself!  It is quite an honor to be chosen as a Top 3 in the A & T EFG Challenge.  Your entries have been over the top with talent!  You can use any image you like, although there are super freebies, so come and join us!

I choose the image Willie and Mia ( or Larry and Manderly- lol):



Emerald Faeries images are soooo fun to color and make up into a project!  Once you color them and start to make a card or other project, because they are such great images, your imagination starts flying with ideas to embellish!  Love doing these images and you will too! 

Willie and Mia are kneeling on a log image by A & T and were colored with Prisma pencils, then placed on a cut out heart background.  The heart is outlined with a crystal heart stem and flowers from WOC- roses, baby breath and sweetheart blossoms.  Made up a couple of dragonflies from an old rubber stamp- my hubby loves dragonflies!  Finished the whole thing off with a red burlap-hemp bow.  I recently received the ribbon from Hobby Lobby, made by Paper Studio, I think.  It is really neat ribbon to work with as it is sort of stiff and makes a nice flat bow.  Nothing else really special, only the die-cut with a free  hanging heart sticking out of the sentiment panel.  All the DPs were given to me so I don't know who made them but I sure am happy that such a nice person from our circle knew I had a need and made up a box of goodies for me.  I use all she sent and it was quite a box!  Our crafters circle is made up of the best people ever!  Not only generous but so encouraging, too.

I think that is it for today.  I'll be back Friday to post for Fat Pages and ATC.  I think you will like what you see.  Or I hope you do!  

You know, my life is pretty quiet as it is just my husband, U-lee our pup, and myself so I struggle to find something interesting to write you.  Last week I wrote about the Copperheads but I guess no one has a snake story as I didn't receive a comment about them- lol!  

I am looking forward to seeing your artwork in our Emerald Faeries challenge.  We also run A & T Challenges with this fortnights theme of Flourishes/Swirls.  There is a week left at that challenge.  So you can do both- a project with flowers and flourishes, giving you 2 chances to win our wonderful images.  

Wishing you bright spots this week, even teeny ones.  Sometimes they are the best ones as they catch you off guard! I hope you leave a comment, not only about the card, but maybe tell me about a bright spot you have been given!  I would love to hear of it.  

See you again soon!
Manderly
xxxooo

5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card,love the image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥♥♥♥..zauberhaft..♥♥♥
    xoxo Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Manderley, this is fabulous! Lovely and bright and cheerful! Hope you are well and happy! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Manderly, I love the image and fantastic colouring, beautifully decorated, love the tiny dragonflies...gorgeous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab hun, just love all the little beasties you have used, the dragonfly is so pretty!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate that you take the time to tell me you like something I've created...or not like! You help keep me inspired. Every comment has a face and is precious to me. Thank you so very much!