Thanks much for following my cards! It's such a delight to have you!

Monday, June 18, 2012

MVP

Oh my goodness, 3 times in one day and one more to go!  

My nephew is a firefighter and usually I do him a birthday card with that theme, but this year I found out that his current passion is baseball.  He even goes with his teamies on a tournament trip to Viva Las Vegas!  I had a win of Bug-a-boo stamps so when I saw these cute, cute baseballs, I thought they would make the perfect card for him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NATE!


Colored these little guys up with Prisma pencils and OMS, mounted them on yellow card stock, then pop dotted them onto those neat little scalloped frames (cut by a very special friend).  Also pop-dotted the frames onto white card stock stained with creamy brown ink after cutting a circle from some stash DP.  The paper made a perfect looking baseball, I think!  All that onto more yellow card stock.  Inside it says Happy Birthday, Nate and an added little baseball character sliding into home base.  Super fun card to make.  

I hope Nate likes his late birthday card.  He told me that he has saved every card that I have made him.  Last year  I called to wish him a happy birthday, no answer, so I started to sing him Happy Birthday into voice mail--my dog decided to sing along!  Nate called later laughing so hard!  Tickled me to make him happy.  It was pretty funny.

One more to go.  The grande finale!

Manderly
xxxooo

 

2 comments:

  1. How adorable are those baseball images! I love them! Great colouring and that personalised sentiment is such a great touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and so creative. Love everything about it especially the sentiment.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate that you take the time to tell me you like something I've created...or not like! You help keep me inspired. Every comment has a face and is precious to me. Thank you so very much!