Thanks much for following my cards! It's such a delight to have you!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Rose Fairy

Hello there, Everyone!  
I hope this finds you doing well and ready for a nice weekend, with lots of craft time!  Often, while doing comments on ATC's and Cards with Attitude Challenge entries, I get a peek into your lives, and read of both good times and hard times.  It seems to me that most posts end with a common way of coping with this crazy world, and that is creating something beautiful for someone else.   Making something beautiful for someone else...that is the key, don't you think?  Any of the lovely cards and ATC's entered into our challenge would bring a smile to someone else.  You are all a talented bunch, that is for sure!  Thank you for letting me peek into your lives through your posts and entries.    Hop on over to ATC's and Cards with Attitude to see who our Challenge 17 Top 3 picks are, along with our random prize winners, as we had 3 sponsors this past fortnight!  Amazing, don't you think?  3 sponsors, 3 chances for you to win those digitals that you love!  Enough of my musings this morning.  On to Challenge 18!

Challenge 18 at ATC's and Cards with Attitude is sponsored this fortnight by Beccy's Place.  Our theme is one most of you love best- Anything Goes Challenge!  You love those Anything Goes challenges, don't you?  Here is what I made with Beccy's beautiful image, Rose Fairy:



This close-up shows you Karen's beautiful Angel Pin.  I love putting one on as a finishing touch.

Rose Fairy was colored with Prisma Pencils and blended a tad with OMS.  The backing is a pale yellow ochre rose patterned DP that was sewn to cover the front of an ivory colored card.   Added green hemp folded in half along the bottom (WOC), a pink rose (WOC), and a piece of lace from my stash. Roses were cut out of another piece of DP and adhered, pop-dotting Rose Fairy on top.  An extra cut rose bud and leaf have Glossy Accents and are placed at Rose's feet and the upper right corner.  The butterflies were stamped (unknown), cutting out 2 of each image and colored with Prisma pencils.  Added wire antennae (wire from trash bag ties with the paper coating stripped) and then Glossy Accents to the butterfly picked as the top one; glued the GA butterfly middle atop the 2nd butterfly cutout and placed about the card.    Finished all up with a few gems and one of Karen's pins (see all the pins in her Etsy Shop) behind the WOC rose and hemp.  Inside is a piece of the yellow DP and scalloped pink DP along the top and bottom, with a stamped Happy Birthday sentiment.

I hope you like Rose Fairy.  Beccy's Place has a whole series of flower fairies that are just delightful.  Rose was so fun to color.  This is my Momma's birthday card as she loves fairies! I hope you will visit Beccy's Place and enter into ATC's challenge.  We actually have 2 sponsors for this ATC challenge but you have to go to the challenge blog to find out the other (or click this link)!  Remember, you can enter our sister challenge, Fat Pages and Cards With Attitude Challenge your same card!  Both of our challenges have the best sponsors ever!  

See you at the Fat Pages post!  Smile right now for me, please.  And I will smile with you!

Manderly
xxxooo

I am entering Rose in the following challenges:
Fashionista- #14 Winged Things
The Crafty Bloggers Network- #1 Anything Goes  
Wild Orchid Crafts- Shabby Chic
Bunny Zoes- #26 Swirls and Lace
Whoopsi Daisy- Make your own embellishments
Love To Create- Photo Inspiration 


7 comments:

  1. What a very sweet creation....I love it! Your eye for detail always amazes me and this card is just beautiful.
    You are also very perceptive.....I'm smiling and waving for you...haaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card Manderly, beautiful,beautiful, colouring and colours..adorable image, and just love the butterflies and all the details on your card...gorgeous work..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you've made me fall in love with my own pin...haha! I love this creation! You've done so well with it! I wish I could color as well as you do! Love how you used the trash bag ties for the butterfly antennae. Great idea! Every time I look at this I see something else to fall in love with! You are so talented! You are going to have to share some coloring tips with me! :)
    Love and hugs from your friend,
    Karen C
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh love this one! Such gorgeous details and the colouring is perfect. What a sweet image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another pretty card, I love your gorgeous butterfly embellishments.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and those butterflies are to die for!! Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!!
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty card, love the colours and that cute angel pin, thanks for joining us at the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate that you take the time to tell me you like something I've created...or not like! You help keep me inspired. Every comment has a face and is precious to me. Thank you so very much!