Thanks much for following my cards! It's such a delight to have you!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Follow The Yellow Brick Road...

Yes!  Follow the Yellow Brick Road over to the Love To Create Blog and check out this week's challenge,  sponsored by Sassy Studio Designs!  

I've had the privilege to Guest Design for Love to Create this week!  It has been wonderful to work with such a nice group of crafters, and my goodness, what a Design Team they have!  I got the best image to work with from Sassy Studio, and the theme this week is one of my favorites- Photo Inspiration.  So I think I won all the way around!  Here is the Photo for your Inspiration:


And here is Sassy's Dorothy, a Honey from the Wizard of Oz:


Lions, and tigers and bears, oh my she was fun to color!!!  Colored her up with Prisma pencils and a few tads of OMS, then cut her out.  After carefully laying her aside, I set to work on the background, sewing hills and a path.  Added some cut apart die cut trees and the cute little fence (gifts), then poked in a few WOC roses with most of the wire stem cut off, saving the cut wires.  Took the cut wires and glued them to the back of the small flowers, along with some leaf cuts, added small pink pearls in the middle and placed them along the path and in Dorothy's basket.  I just had to try and add a piece of cheesecloth to her basket, knowing cheesecloth makes a great dish cloth, but the pieces kept unraveling!  But, I cut into the handle of the basket anyway and poked in that cheese cloth!  Added a rainbow, tornado, bird, pearled butterflies and Toto, of course!  Oh, oh, almost forgot!  Her Ruby Slippers!  Colored them first then added Stickles to make them glisten, doing an extra set of Ruby Slippers for the gift tag/sentiment.  Finished all of with a bow and one of HoneyBee's beautiful pins in the corner.  The tag can hang from the pin or used as a gift tag.  It was computer generated.  Just a note, I normally wouldn't put a butterfly right behind Dorothy's face or have Toto's nose cover part of Dorothy's leg, but I have this red gel pen that I forgot melts when under my work light.  Uh oh.

Here are the links again to Love To Create and Sassy Studio, so you can Follow the Yellow Brick Road to the challenge blog, check out Sassy's images, and have Over the Rainbow fun crafting!  




Thank you, Love to Create, for having me.

Manderly
xxxooo 

Dorothy is in the following challenges:
The Crafty Bloggers Network- #1 Anything Goes 
Wild Orchid Crafts- Shabby Chic
Whoopsi Daisy- Make your own embellishments
Incy Wincy- Summertime

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Manderly..Dorothy looks stunning, gorgeous colouring, love your sewing, and all the pretty details...now I'm singing "Somewhere over the rainbow"

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest! I love the whole scene you have created and the colouring rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer at Love to Create Challenge!!
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! This is sooo pretty! I love the tornado, butterflies, toto, blue bird, fence, stitching...this is so awesome! That stickpin is perfect too! ;) Wow! This is so great...not that I'd expect anything different from you! ;)
    Hugs from your friend,
    Karen C
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute Love that tornado and that rainbow tag:) If you have time please check out the Gingerloft DT blog we have some stuff going on:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thought I would vist you for a change! I went over to Fat Pages to enter but there is no challenge at the moment. Saw your teddy so I came by to tell you how cute he is! Dorothy is lovely too - extra embellishments are so useful if there is a smudge!! I tend to do my designing on the computer and forget to leave room for embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed someone had commented on the stitching so I went back to have another look at Dorothy. It's a brilliant touch! I also like the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a pretty card, you have created a lovely scene.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous - I love Sassy images. Good luck at INCY WINCY . Hope we see you again next time.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty card, love the design, thanks for joining us at the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate that you take the time to tell me you like something I've created...or not like! You help keep me inspired. Every comment has a face and is precious to me. Thank you so very much!